Technical Content Writer
Salary: Up to £32k (negotiable depending on experience)
Are you looking for an exciting career growth opportunity with the UK’s Number One online marketing and SEO agency for SMEs? We’ve been passionate about making a difference to our clients’ bottom line since 2004, using our bespoke blend of precision engineered digital marketing skills. Our client base is wide and varied – there’s never a dull day at Artemis – and we make it our mission to deliver outstanding results and exceed client expectations. Due to our ongoing record growth, we are now expanding our team and are seeking an exceptionally talented and enthusiastic Technical Content Writer to join us.
Working at Artemis is a commitment that works both ways. We recognise that we’re all human and will help you achieve a healthy work/life balance with flexible working practices. We treat each other with respect and compassion, so that everyone feels fully supported to be their best selves. We value all individual contributions and encourage our team members to be creative, innovative and strive for personal progression. If you think we might be a good match, read on for details.
Do you have a genuine passion for writing online content, and demonstrable commercial experience in the following sectors, particularly IT & Technology and Software Development, and perhaps an interest in Accounting & Finance, Engineering & Manufacturing, or Business & Marketing?
We have over 125 clients from a range of sectors and are fast gaining new clients recognising Artemis as the superior SEO agency for SMEs in the Technology and Software sectors. You’ll be liaising directly with external websites, proposing articles, concepts and tailoring your writing to their audience briefs. This variety of work makes for a challenging and highly rewarding role.
Whilst a solid background in one of the above industries is highly desirable, so is a willingness to be flexible, adaptable, and curious to learn new things.
The key elements of the role and its associated responsibilities are:
- Writing relevant, informative on-page content and blog posts for client websites across a range of industry sectors
- Carrying out content audits and research to improve existing on-page content and blog posts, and help devise targeted strategies
- Researching and creating original, engaging, and shareable articles for outreach on a wide variety of topics
- Producing unique company descriptions for submission to online directories including local Google Business profiles
- Adhering to internal quality control processes including regular proofreading of other team members’ work
- Supporting SEO and Account Management teams in delivering great content for each campaign
- Creativity to devise original content ideas for a wide range of clients
Do you feel a huge sense of achievement when you see the client’s traffic and conversion rates soar? That’s what we love too – seeing our clients’ online presence further improved by our SEO changes and developments. If you are as passionate as we are about growing an online presence using the best SEO practices and can demonstrate some (or all) of the skills below, then we would love to hear from you.
Experience and skills required
- University degree (or equivalent)
- Strong copywriting skills, excellent grasp of spelling and grammar
- Attention to detail
- Deliver accurate and engaging copy to deadlines
- Ability to evaluate and analyse complex information and write in a way that helps people to understand
- Creativity to devise original article topic, write proposals and tailoring content to different audiences
- 2 years’ experience in a commercial content writer (or related) role
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to grasp clients’ business goals
- Some SEO knowledge desirable but not essential
- Excellent IT and web literacy including MS Office and Outlook as a minimum
- Ability to learn new software digital processes quickly and easily
- Keen interest in digital marketing
- Self-motivated and able to work to brief confidently and independently
- Flexible and accommodating attitude to writing tasks as necessary
- Excellent collaborative team working and communication skills
- Able to produce consistent quality, often under pressure and to tight deadlines
We are proud of our employee benefits package and offer the following to our permanent employees:
- 28 days’ annual leave (including all bank holidays)
- Increased annual leave entitlement for long service*
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year*
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Pension scheme*
- Private Healthcare* including GP Access 24/7
- Hybrid working as standard (we encourage all our staff to find their ideal mix of office and home-based working)
- Flexible working options to suit work/life balance*
- Remote working opportunities
- Eyecare vouchers
- Team Building days
- Office lunches
- Christmas party and evening events
- Plentiful and free car parking
- Corporate social responsibility
- A commitment to professional development
- Annual budget for individual training/development
- Celebration of achievements
- Death in service benefit*
- Employee Assistance Programme
* Conditions apply
Due to the beautiful rural location of our UK offices, you’ll need your own transport.
To apply, please email your CV, covering letter and examples of your written work to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only accept applications from people who are resident in the UK and, where applicable, have valid work permits to work in the UK.
No agencies please.