Wordpress Web Developer
Salary: £24 – £28 negotiable depending on experience
Who we are:
Seeing our clients succeed is what matters to us. Our amazing team are thrilled to be celebrating Artemis’ 18th birthday this year during a very busy period of growth. We are therefore expanding our website development team and are now looking for a motivated and enthusiastic WordPress Web Developer to join us in our leading digital marketing agency.
If you are looking for a role that perfectly balances your work/life commitments, gives full support to further develop your web development and digital skills, whilst working on website builds and site updates across a huge range of clients in our portfolio… then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
The key elements of the role and its associated responsibilities are:
- Building and developing WordPress and Shopify websites.
- Providing support for our existing client website portfolio.
- Implementing website development changes for CSS, HTML and other skilled code languages.
- Assisting the wider development team and SEO team for ad-hoc web development updates.
- Updating website content.
- Editing optimising and uploading new images.
- UX development using best practice conversion rate optimisation techniques.
Do you get a massive sense of achievement when you have built a new website? That’s what we love too; seeing our clients’ online presence further improved by a beautifully designed and functionally sound bespoke new website. If you are as passionate as us about building websites, using the lightest code possible and delivering the fastest sites, we would love to hear from you if you can demonstrate some (or all) of the following skills:
- Experienced in building WordPress websites, including development of a custom theme is essential.
- Experience of building in Shopify.
- Experience of CSS and HTML.
- Understanding of maintaining and optimising online content.
- An understanding of Search Engine Optimisation best practises would be desirable, along with an understanding of the latest web trends and their role in a commercial environment.
- Excellent communication and workload/deadline management skills.
- Demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail.
- Exemplary written English language skills.
- You’ll also fit in well with our team if you have a great sense of humour, enjoy a varied and diverse workload and are able to work both independently and within part of the wider team.
What we offer:
We are proud of our employee benefits package and have everything listed below on offer to our permanent employees:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ annual leave (inc’ all bank holidays)
- Increased annual leave entitlement for long service*
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year*
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Pension scheme*
- Private Healthcare* including GP Access 24/7
- Hybrid working as standard (we encourage all our staff to find their ideal mix of office-based and home-working).
- Flexible working options to suit work/life balance*
- Remote working opportunities
- Team Building days
- Office lunches
- Christmas party and evening events
- Plentiful and free car parking
- Corporate social responsibility
- A commitment to professional development
- Annual budget for individual training/development
- Celebration of achievements
- Eye-care vouchers
- Death in service benefit*
- Employee Assistance Programme
* Conditions apply
Due to the beautiful rural location of our UK offices, you’ll need your own transport.
How to apply:
To apply, please email your CV, covering letter and link(s) to your proudest website builds to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only accept applications from people who are living in the UK or have valid work permits to work in the UK.
No agencies please.